Public Service Announcements:
Listen for our PSA! They can be heard throughout the month on VOCM, CBC, VOWR, COAST, KROCK, and HITS FM!
· Confederation Building – March 6th
· Government House – March 6th
Tuesday, March 5, 2019
· Mayor Dave Aker signs Proclamation
Wednesday, March 6th, 2019
· 0720 am: CBC Radio/TV interview with Gy Hopkins (person living with lymphedema) and his Family Doctor, Dr. Norah Duggan with host Fred Hutton
· 0930 am: VOCM interview with Terry Walsh Oakley (Certified Lymphedema and ALT therapist) on Open Line with host Paddy Daley
· 1030 am: Aquatic Lymphatic Therapy (ALT) demonstration at New World Fitness with NTV recording of same
· 1200 pm: Minister Haggie signs Provincial Proclamation
· Mayor of Port Blandford signs Proclamation
· 1730 pm: NTV coverage of World Lymphedema Awareness Day and ALT demonstration
· Confederation Building lit light blue to recognize World Lymphedema Awareness Day
· Government House lit light blue to recognize World Lymphedema Awareness Day
· Lymphie Connections (support group meeting) focusing on Nutrition and Lymphedema (Date/Location TBA)
LANL's Terry Walsh-Oakley, RMT, CLT spoke with VOCM's Open Line Host, Paddy Daly about Lymphedema Awareness Day.
Pictured (left to right): Bill Antle, Councillor, Christine Burke, LANL, Dave Aker, Mayor, Erin Pennell, LANL, laine Kennedy, LANL, Andrea Power, Councillor
Pictured (left to right): Christopher Stamp, Dept. of Health and Community Services, Elaine Kennedy, LANL, Fran Mowbray, LANL, Erin Pennell, LANL, seated: The Honourable Dr. John Haggie, Minister of Health and Community Services, Christine Burke, LANL, Angela Barnes, LANL
Aquatic Lymphatic Therapy at New World Fitness
Our youngest awareness advocate, Jenna Hopkins, and her teacher Ms. Cynthia Fillier, at Beachy Cove Elementary in Portugal Cove-St. Philip's. Jenna asked her class to wear teal to support World Lymphedema Awareness Day, and Ms. Fillier agreed. Thanks, Jenna. You are amazing!
LANL’s mission is to support people living with lymphedema.
Please note we are not able to provide medical advice.
Copyright © 2021 Lymphedema Association of Newfoundland and Labrador - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy